The aircraft was designed to be more efficient and cost effective to operate than similar sized models, in order to accommodate with the lower cost operational requirements of airlines nowadays. The Dreamliner is also the first airliner to use a composite material on the majority of its build, which makes the aircraft lighter and less likely to have rust issues compared to the traditional metal birds. Here we explore the history behind this historical day for Boeing.
- 20% more fuel efficient
- costs 30% less in maintenance
- extracts 35% less power with its innovative architectural structure
- 50% of composite materials (carbon fiber reinforced plastic)- a recyclable, lighter plastic material and requires less maintenance
- smaller in size but can travel at the same speed as a B747
- generates 10% better cash seat mile costs to airlines
- generates 60% more cargo capacity
B787's Fact Sheet
- 787-3: 290-330 passengers
This aircraft variation particularly attracts low-cost carriers and also a preferred option for full-service airlines to substitute their mid-sized aircraft in order to reduce operational costs and be able to be more competitive to their low-cost competitors.
- 787-8: 210-250 passengers
- 787-9: 250-290 passengers
- Refer to Boeing for list of individual specifications.
|Year||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010 (through 16, March)||Total|
- Take a tour to the B787 interior with an introduction by Boeing’s marketing personnel
- Mood lights:
- Large windows:
- Larger stowbins:
§ Call Us Now -7200081121 / 7200023412 / 7200081330/ 7200015600
§ Email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
§ Visit website - www.worldptc.com
§ Walk in from Monday to Friday 0900am to 0500pm in the address mentioned below.
§ Address: Chennai - #16/29 1st Main Road, New Colony, Chrompet, Chennai-600044
§ Bangalore – No 410, 2nd floor. 5th A Main, 2nd Block. HRBR layout (Near kalian nagar bus stop) Kalyan nagar, Bangalore 560043. Contact- 8050005079.